A Gift with a Purpose
Do you struggle to buy the perfect gift for someone who has everything? One way of choosing a unique special gift is to select one from our new range of gifts.
A Gift for a Purpose will not only add something different to a special occasion, but it will also enable us to look after the emotional, social and physical needs of our patients, families and carers. All you have to do is choose the gift you’d like to buy and we will send you a special Gift Certificate for you to give and a description of the important difference your gift will make.
We have gifts that range from just £5. To order a Gift for a Purpose leaflet please call us on 01633 851051
Charity of the Year
Nominating St David’s Hospice Care as your chosen Charity of the Year benefits both you and us.
St David’s Hospice Care has been providing Hospice care for over 30 years to patients throughout Caerphilly, Monmouthshire, Newport and Torfaen, and more recently to patients within South and Mid Powys. Care is provided to patients and their families free-of-charge, and last year we cared for over 3,200 and with a record number of people being cared for it is possible that one of your employees will have heard of us.
This is an opportunity for you to give your staff the ability to become directly involved with a local charity.
What will the benefits be to you if you choose us as your Charity of the Year partner:
- Raise staff moral and build on team relations
- Encourage staff to develop and use new skills
- Enhance and project a positive image within the community
- Highlight your commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility
Support we offer: –
- Experienced team on hand to offer support and advice to ensure a successful partnership
- We are able to provide fundraising packs, literature and innovative fundraising ideas
- A link and logo on our website
- We have excellent links with the media enabling us to maximise opportunities
- Ask us about our Bronze, Silver, Gold & Platinum packages of support
If you would like to support us by nominating St David’s Hospice Care as your chosen Charity of the Year please contact us on 01633 851051.
A regular gift by Direct Debit, even as little as £1 per week is a great way to help St Davids Hospice Care.
- It’s convenient and easy – you specify the amount and leave the rest to us
- You can amend or cancel the donation at any time
- It’s much easier to find £5 a month than it is to find £60 a year
- If you’re a higher rate taxpayer, you can claim tax relief on your standing order donations.
- It keeps our administration and fundraising costs down so more of your money is used directly on supporting patients, their families and carers
- Committed giving helps us to plan for the future much more effectively
A regular donation of £5 a month means we would have £60 a year towards our aim of ‘bringing care home’ when it’s needed most. If you make your donations together with a Gift Aid declaration, we are also able to reclaim the tax paid on your donations – so your £60 is actually worth £75 to us at no extra cost to you.
If you would like to support us by setting up regular donations, please download and complete our St David’s Regular Giving Form
Make a Will – Leave a Legacy
Making a Will is one of those things that we always intend to do, but never seem to get around to…but dying without a Will can cause your loved ones more difficulties than you may think. Under the current laws, your spouse may not get everything, and if you are living with someone without being married, they may not get anything at all. Everyone should make a Will and keep it regularly updated.
Do you have something you treasure which you want to pass on to someone special? A Will is the only way that you can be totally assured this will happen.
Get a Will Today consultant Jude Simmonds offers advice on all aspects of Will making, power of attorney, living wills, protective property will trusts and more… contact us using the form below to request a quotation.
In Memory of Your Loved One
Donating in memory of a loved one who has passed away is a lasting way to honour a life. We can help you by providing envelopes for donations in lieu of flowers. Your Funeral Director will advise you.
Donation cheques should be payable to St David’s Hospice Care, and sent to Blackett Avenue, Newport NP20 6NH – Thank you.
You may also wish to create a special tribute page to remember your loved one. Your tribute page becomes a dedicated area where friends and family can connect, share memories or make a donation in memory.