Community fundraising for St David’s Hospice care is incredibly important for us, we are funded by the Community for the Community.
Online Event Fundraising via JustGiving
St David’s Hospice Care has teamed up with Just Giving so that you can create a secure online fundraising page that has a range of features to help you reach your fundraising target. Here’s a few reasons why creating an online fundraising page is a great way to raise sponsorship:
- Creating your fundraising page should only take 5 minutes — that’s it!
- Select the St David’s Hospice Care event you are doing or set one up for your own personal challenge.
- Take the stress out of collecting sponsorship.
- Tell the your friends and family your story and reach a wider audience by sharing the link on social media.
There is an added advantage to using Just Giving pages – you can select to have your donation ‘Gift Aided’ – and Just Giving will claim back the tax that you have paid on your donation on behalf of the Charity – currently 25p in the £1 – meaning that St David’s Hospice Care will receive £1.25 for every £1 that you donate.*
*If you are a UK tax payer – conditions apply, see details on-line.
Start fundraising JustGiving toolkit
JustGiving Fundraising in Memoriam
Your fundraising doesn’t have to be for a personal challenge or event. Did you know you can open a fundraising page for donations in memory of a loved one?
Donating in memory of a loved one sometimes eases the pain of a loss – and Just Giving makes it easy for you to show your support. Transactions are safe, secure and your details are not forwarded to anyone that you do not wish to share them with.
Create an ‘In Memoriam’ fundraising page for St David’s Hospice Care:
- Creating a page in memory of someone you love should only take around 5 minutes.
- Choose how long you’d like your page to take donations for.
- If you don’t have one already, register for a Just Giving account.
- Add the name of the person you are remembering to your fundraising page, give it a title (for example ‘In memory of Auntie Jill’) and a web address.
- You can add a photo too — we recommend that you do include a photo as it will encourage people to donate.
- Email the address of your page to friends and family who you think would like to donate in memory.
- Just Giving asks if you would like to make a small contribution to their service. This is completely optional and can be removed. 100% of donations are transferred automatically into St David’s bank account — you don’t have to do a thing!
Start fundraising in memoriam JustGiving toolkit
Fundraising via Facebook
Set up a birthday fundraiser
People celebrate their birthdays on Facebook every day, with people wishing each other well, sending messages and photos of good times. You can help St David’s Hospice Care raise funds by creating your very own Facebook Birthday Fundraiser.
How it works
When your birthday is coming up, Facebook will invite you to create a fundraiser.
You can select St David’s Hospice Care as your nominated charity and how much you would like to raise and when you would like to run your fundraiser until.
Facebook will also invite you to tell your friends and family why you have chosen to dedicate your birthday to us. You can take this opportunity to share your experiences and that of your family. Once these details have been set you’re good to go.
Setting up a fundraiser is completely free, although you will have the option to match the donation amount to give your fundraiser a boost if you wish.
Happy Birthday, we hope you have a lovely day. Thank you for choosing to support St David's Hospice Care with your birthday fundraiser.
Need further help or advice?
If you would like any advice on your event or your fundraising then please feel free to get in touch with the St David’s Hospice Care Fundraising Department directly on 01633 851051. We will be happy to answer any questions and help with your fundraising.