Light Up A Life – Outdoor Service
- St David's Hospice Care, Newport Day Hospice, Malpas, Newport, NP20 6NH
- Event Type
- Light Up A Life - Outdoor Service
For Tickets or more information, please contact:
“We never lose the ones we love, For memory keeps them near – Time dims the loss and lets the love, Shine bright and sweet and clear.”
Light Up a Life
Light Up a Life is a series of special events that take place around the UK during December each year by the Hospice movement. The events are organised to help families and friends to come together to remember and celebrate the lives of loved ones.
We completely understand the importance of Light Up A Life and the significance that our services hold in many of our supporters hearts so we will be holding an outdoor Light Up a Life service here at the hospice in Newport.
- Arrive from 17.30pm to enjoy refreshments before the service.
- Our event for 2022 will take place at 18.30pm on Thursday December 8th with a host of staff and reading poems, readings as well as staff members from the hospice leading the singing of carols.
- Newport Borough Brass Band will be performing on the roof terrace.
- This service will mean that supporters will be able to attend whilst being able to share this special time of remembrance and reflection with family and friends.
- Arrive from 17.30pm for a 18.30pm start.
- Newport Day Hospice, Blackett Avenue, Malpas, Newport, NP20 6NH
- Thursday 8th December
- £10.00 per person
- Night light
- Names of loved ones to be added to the wall of remembrance.
- Refreshments of hot drinks & mince pies will be served prior to the service in our day hospice.
List of Names for the Light Up a Life Service
- Unfortunately, we won’t be able to add any names to the list on the night of the event. Please ensure we have your dedications as soon as possible before the event to ensure they are added. You can submit dedications to us when you purchase your tickets or by emailing email@example.com
Text to donate
If you do not wish to support Light Up A Life in the above way but still wish to donate, please text one of the below:
- Text CWTCH 3 LUAL to give £3 – send your text to 70300
- Text CWTCH 5 LUAL to give £5 – send your text to 70300
- Text CWTCH 10 LUAL to give £10 – send your text to 70300
- Text CWTCH 15 LUAL to give £15 – send your text to 70300
- Text CWTCH 20 LUAL to give £20 – send your text to 70300
100% of your donation goes to St David’s Hospice Care. Texts cost your donation plus 1 message at your standard network rate. Always get the bill payers permission.
- Address: St David’s Hospice Care, Newport Day Hospice, Malpas, Newport, NP20 6NH.
- Please look out for our parking marshals volunteers who will be on-hand to help you.
- Please respect our local residents and do not park on Blackett Avenue.
- Parking is encouraged within the Hospice grounds in the first instance.
- Once full, we will look to utilise Edison Ridge outside the Hospice or along Simpson Close.
- Please park responsibly.
- Disabled Parking is available onsite.
Social Media Hashtags< Back to event list