Light Up A Life
- Event Type
- Remember a Loved One - Light Up A Life
For Tickets or more information, please contact:
Rev Andrew Webster at St David's Hospice Care
Light Up A Life 2020
“We never lose the ones we love, For memory keeps them near – Time dims the loss and lets the love, Shine bright and sweet and clear.”
Light Up a Life is a series of special events that take place around the UK during November and December each year by the Hospice movement. The events are organised to help families and friends to come together to remember and celebrate the lives of loved ones. 2020 has been such a traumatic year for everyone and organising services is going to prove extremely difficult due to the government restrictions which are in place.
We completely understand the importance of Light Up A Life and the significance that our services hold in many of our supporters hearts so we will be holding a virtual event you can join from wherever suits you with your family or your close friends (bubble).
The event will be broadcast online at 7pm on 10th December with a host of staff, volunteers and local celebrities reading poems, readings as well as staff members from the Hospice leading the singing for the carols. This online service will mean that more people will be able to attend whilst being able to share this special time of remembrance and reflection with family and friends who are separated but can come together as one. Within the service there will be a time of reflection where our Nursing staff will read out the names of those to be remembered.
How it will work
- A leaflet will be mailed to supporters in late October/early November together with 2 memory stars to hang on your Christmas tree at home.
- Within the leaflet, there will be an opportunity to list the names of those you would like remembered within the service.
- Upon return of the leaflet we ask for a donation to help us provide the vital free work that the Hospice provides.
- Prior to the service in early December we will notify you of the video link that will be used (The platform will be vimeo)
- You can request a leaflet be sent in the post by ‘Clicking here’
- After the service, all names will be added to our Online Memory Book – ‘Click here’
Join in online with our Online Memory Book
- If you do not wish complete the leaflet and are happy to use the internet, please visit our Online Memory Book – ‘Click here’
- Website link – www.tolbc.com/sdhc2020
- Just giving page is for use on the night of 10th December or for ongoing donations (Donations made here will not be included in the service or our online memory book)
- Click here: https://www.justgiving.com/campaign/lightupalifeonline
- Facebook – @stdavids79
- Twitter – @SDFHC
- Instagram -@stdavids79
- LinkedIn – @St David’s Hospice Care
Community Light Up A Life Services
- These services can only take place with the generosity of the local Churches and Chapels and we are very grateful to their members for their support year on year.
- Obviously, due to COVID-19 these might not be able to take place in 2020.
- Revd. Andrew Webster
- Tel: 01633 851051
Thank you & Support
- St David’s Hospice Care is extremely grateful for all support, if you feel you need support from us please contact us:
- 01633 851051