Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
We are carefully monitoring the changing situation regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19) and we review government guidelines on a daily basis to keep Hospice staff and volunteers up to date with relevant advice.
Our Management Team are meeting daily to consider necessary precautionary steps to minimise the risk of infection with Coronavirus (COVID-19) for patients, families, carers, staff, volunteers and visitors to the Hospice.
We are always vigilant about infection control at St David’s Hospice Care as our day patients, inpatients and outpatients represent a potentially vulnerable group. We now request that all patients, service users, staff, volunteers, contractors, relatives and friends consider carefully if they could be a potential carrier of the Coronavirus and be a risk to others before visiting the Hospice. If you are concerned we recommend that you call 111 or visit 111.nhs.uk and follow the advice and instructions.
Our Day Hospices
(Newport, Ystrad Mynach, Panteg & Usk House Day Hospice in Brecon)
· All our Day Hospices are closing from 17/03/20 until further notice, we will be offering telephone support whilst the Day Hospices are shut.
In-Patient Unit, Newport
Due to COVID-19 we have taken the very difficult decision to severely restrict visiting. Currently, we are only allowing one nominated visitor per patient if they are receiving end of life care.
This is a rapidly changing situation and we may need to amend this policy at very short notice so please do call the In-Patient Hospice for the latest update on patient visiting.
The telephone number is 01633 973980
· Our offices are currently operating but with reduced staff.
· All our forthcoming fundraising events are under daily review taking into account the latest Government advice*
· Please check social media and our events page on the website for updates
St David’s Hospice services Charity Shops
· We are endeavouring to have most of our stores open by Wednesday the 24th of June and will update this page daily as to the stores open. Our Depot is now open and available to accept donations. Please call 01633 867138.
Visitors to St David’s Hospice Care
· Visitors to sites may be asked questions, and will not be able to enter the Hospice if they have any of the following:
• Travelled to anywhere (even in transit) from a group 1 infected area.
Please see travel advice here: – https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-advice-novel-coronavirus
• Have had known contact with a person with Covid-19
• Respiratory infection
• Flu-like symptoms
We want to ensure our patients see their loved ones so, where possible, we will make arrangements for this to happen, but we must ensure our staff, volunteers, patients and visitors are kept safe. Please contact the Inpatient Unit if you have any concerns regarding the above.
Please can you take all reasonable steps to protect the wellbeing of those using our services, as well as those working and volunteering by following the advice found HERE. May we also remind everyone that there are handwashing and sanitising gel stations within the Hospice and we ask all visitors to use these regularly.
Help Us To Keep Caring
Throughout this unprecedented time, our teams will continue to provide the best possible care and support for our patients and their families. We hope that you will continue to support us, and those who need us, throughout the challenges that we are facing in the coming weeks.
Thank you, from everyone at St David’s Hospice Care, for your continued and essential support.
· Keep an eye on our social media for our latest updates
Thank you for your support and consideration, we very much appreciate all support.
– Email: email@example.com
– Tel: 01633 851051
Updated on March 17, 2020 by St David’s Hospice Care