Western Power Distribution – Priority Services Register
PRIORITY SERVICES REGISTER
Western Power Distribution offers a free Priority Service Register (PSR) which patients and other people in the community can register to join for free.
WPD’s Karen Welch explains how it works: Sometimes power cuts can happen for reasons beyond our control. We know this can be particularly worrying if you rely on electricity for medical equipment or if you are elderly, very ill or disabled. This is where the Priority Services Register can help.
It helps us to look after customers who have extra communication, access or safety needs. It also helps us tailor our services to support households who may need extra help. (Link to page on our website: https://www.westernpower.co.uk/customers-and-community/priority-services ) To join the Priority Services Register by telephone you can call 0800 096 3080
If you decide to join WPD’s Priority Services Register, we can:
- Give you a direct number to call in a power cut, so you can get through to us straight away.
- Agree a password with you before we visit, so you feel safe.
- Provide special help, if needed through the British Red Cross.
- Inform you in advance of planned interruptions to your electricity supply.
- Keep you as informed as possible in the event of an unplanned power cut.
Anyone self-isolating, as a result of the coronavirus outbreak, should contact us in the event of a power cut and tell us the situation, even if they are not on the register.
They can also contact us via the website. We will then do our very best to help these customers during a power cut.
In the event of a power cut, please call 0800 6783 105 or 105