Qualified and Healthcare Assistant Bank Nurses – Inpatient UnitFully Qualified Nurse: £13.83ph / Healthcare Assistant: £8.21ph (plus enhancements)
We are currently seeking qualified (RGN 1) nurses and experienced Healthcare Assistants to support the team of clinical staff at our bedded hospice in Newport.
This is an opportunity to join a well-respected hospice care provider with a reputation for excellence. The successful candidates will be a Qualified Nurse or a Healthcare Assistant with extensive experience and will understand the nature of working in a palliative and hospice care environment. This is a challenging but highly rewarding position for the successful candidate. Working hours will be by arrangement with the post holder and are negotiable, and include night, weekend working, and bank holidays.
The successful candidates must have:
- RGN 1 qualification – Qualified Nurse Role
- Minimum Diploma or NVQ level 2 in Health and Social Care – HCA Role
- A ‘can do’ approach and attitude
- Flexibility and the ability to build relationships
- The ability to be a good liaison between families, relatives and other health care professionals
- Appropriate communication skills, sensitivity and a mature approach
We ask that nurses on our bank provide availability for a minimum of one shift per week.
This post involves working with vulnerable adults and is subject to a DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) Disclosure at enhanced level.
For full details, please download the job description below.
Due to the volume of applications we receive for bank roles, we will only contact you if you are shortlisted for an interview. Shortlisting and interviews for bank roles take place periodically throughout the year.
Apply using secure online form