Light Up a Life
Light Up A Life 2021
“We never lose the ones we love, For memory keeps them near – Time dims the loss and lets the love, Shine bright and sweet and clear.”
Light Up a Life is a series of special events that take place around the UK during November and December each year by the Hospice movement. The events are organised to help families and friends to come together to remember and celebrate the lives of loved ones.
We completely understand the importance of Light Up A Life and the significance that our services hold in many of our supporters hearts so we will be holding a virtual event you can join from wherever suits you with your family or your close friends.
The event will be broadcast online at 7pm on 9th December with a host of staff, volunteers and local celebrities reading poems, readings as well as staff members from the Hospice leading the singing for the carols. This online service will mean that more people will be able to attend whilst being able to share this special time of remembrance and reflection with family and friends who are separated but can come together as one. Within the service there will be a time of reflection where our Nursing staff will read out the names of those to be remembered.
How it will work
- A leaflet will be mailed to supporters in late October/early November.
- Within the leaflet, there will be an opportunity to list the names of those you would like remembered within the service.
- Upon return of the leaflet, we ask for a donation to help us provide the vital free work that the Hospice provides.
- Prior to the service in early December we will notify you of the video link that will be used.
- After the service, all names will be added to our Online Memory Book
- Dedications need to be returned before 1st December 2021 to be read out in the service.
List of Names for the Light Up a Life Service
- You can check your dedications to be read out in the service are included in the full list of names nearer December
Add your dedication here:
- Online link coming soon……
- Just Giving page is for use on the night of 9th December or for ongoing donations*
- *Notes can be left with your donation but any dedications made here will not be included in the service or our online memory book
Text to donate
- Text CWTCH LUAL 3 to give £3 – send your text to 70300
- Text CWTCH LUAL 5 to give £5 – send your text to 70300
- Text CWTCH LUAL 10 to give £10 – send your text to 70300
- Text CWTCH LUAL 15 to give £15 – send your text to 70300
- Text CWTCH LUAL 20 to give £20 – send your text to 70300
100% of your donation goes to St David’s Hospice Care. Texts cost your donation plus 1 message at your standard network rate. Always get the bill payers permission.
- Facebook – @stdavids79
- Twitter – @SDFHC
- Instagram -@stdavids79
- LinkedIn – @St David’s Hospice Care
Community Light Up A Life Services
- These services can only take place with the generosity of the local Churches and Chapels and we are very grateful to their members for their support year on year.
- If you would like to organise a service in your local church, please contact our Revd. Andrew
- Revd. Andrew Webster
- Tel: 01633 851051
Thank you & Support
- St David’s Hospice Care is extremely grateful for all support, if you feel you need support from us please contact us:
- 01633 851051