Light Up a Life
“We never lose the ones we love,
For memory keeps them near –
Time dims the loss and lets love
Shine bright and sweet and clear.”
Light Up a Life is a series of special events that take place around the UK during November and December each year. The events are organised by hospices to help families and friends to come together to remember and celebrate the lives of loved ones.
Services in 2018
Please see below and note what date the service will be in your preferred venue.
All services begin at 7 pm.
- Monday 3rd December – Llantarnam Abbey (Ticket Only)
- Tuesday 4th December – Abergavenny Methodist
- Wednesday 5th December – Llanyrafon Methodist Church
- Thursday 6th December – Chepstow Methodist Church
- Monday 10th December – Llantarnam Abbey (Ticket Only)
- Monday 10th December – St Mary’s Church, Risca
- Tuesday 11th December – St Martin’s, Caerphilly
- Thursday 13th December – St Basil’s Church, Bassaleg
- Monday 17th December – St Edmund’s Church, Crickhowell (6pm start)
Each service is an opportunity to celebrate the lives of your loved ones and give thanks for the memories you carry with you. Light a candle and remember how they illuminated your life.
These services can only take place with the generosity of the local churches and chapels and we are very grateful to their members for their support year on year.
Thanks to our online memory book you may add your loved one’s name and a message to be displayed. The names added to the online book will also be read out at your chosen service. Click the below button to make your donation and pay tribute to those you’d like to be remembered.
Thank you for supporting St David’s Hospice Care.