Transporter Bridge Abseil
- The Transporter Bridge, Newport
- Event Type
For Tickets or more information, please contact:
Fundraising on 01633 851051 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
“Be a hero for your local hospice!”
Take on the challenge of abseiling from Newport’s most iconic landmark, the Transporter Bridge. A Fantastic opportunity to see the sites of Newport from a great height, 178 feet to be exact!
This year’s event will be superhero themed, so grab your cape and show your support for your local hospice. (Fancy dress is optional, you’re all superheros regardless!)
- Abseil times start from 9.ooam onwards (times will be allocated by us)
- Abseil to take place on the Pill (West) side of the bridge. You will climb 278 steps before abseiling ‘free-fall’ from the boom (platform) to the car park below. The height of the boom (platform) for the abseil is 54 meters (178 feet).
- The entry fee is £28.00 to cover costs (non-refundable) and by endeavouring to raise as much sponsorship as possible you will help maintain vital care services for people in Newport and surrounding areas.
- T-Shirts will be available to purchase on the day.
- Sponsor forms are available to download at the top of this page.
- We suggest participants raise a minimum of £75 to help the work of St David’s Hospice Care.
- Raise over £100 before the event and receive a FREE t-shirt. (Bring cash, cheques or a copy of your online fundraising page total to registration).
- Feel free to dress up as a superhero, however this is 100% optional.
- Minimum Age is 14 (Parent/Guardian’s permission is required for anyone under 18)
- Weight restrictions apply: Max. weight is 120kg (18.8 stone) – Min. weight is 20kg (3.15 stone)
The event is open to anyone over the age of 14 years, even if you haven’t abseiled before, full tuition will be provided by qualified instructors so no previous experience is necessary.
If an individual is younger than 18 years a parent or guardian will be required to sign a disclaimer.
Once you’ve registered make a start on your fundraising. A great way to do this is through setting up your own personal fudnraising page that can be shared on social media. It’s easy, just follow one of the below links to get started.
Join the conversation on social media. Visit the official St David’s Hospice Care Transporter Bridge Abseil event page:< Back to event list