Taff Trail Bike Ride – With a Twist!
- Brecon to Newport
- Event Type
- Bike Ride
For Tickets or more information, please contact:
Fundraising on 01633 851051 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
‘Use your pedal power to raise funds for your local hospice.’
PLEASE NOTE: Online registration is now closed, but don’t worry, you can still take part as we’ll be accepting registration on the day at the starting points in Brecon and Merthyr.
To all Taff Trail participants – after checking the weather forecast for tomorrow, you’ll be pleased to know we are continuing with the event tomorrow. All details remain the same, but please come prepared for the weather and bring along some dry clothes and bike repair kits, just in case!!
John and i have placed Pink Arrow Signage along the route, Bike marshals will be riding the route, as well as recovery vehicles and St John ambulance. Please be mindful of potential debris on the roads and paths, we would recommend a hybrid or mountain bike.
Please make a note of the Emergency Contact No’s in, case of recovery or breakdown. Water stations/check points: Tal y Bont, Merhtyr Fire Station, Glyn Taff College, Mancllwyd Inn Rudry, and Bassaleg School. BBQ & Hot cuppa at the finish.
You are welcome to leave any dry clothes/luggage at the finish with the registration team.
Please enter Bassaleg School at the rear entrance, Griffin Lane, from 7.00am for a prompt coach departure at 8.00am (including marshals who require transport ).
Merthyr Fire Station CF 468 1BA – registration 11.30 for a 12.00pm start (Bike marshal will lead the group)
In the event of an accident or collapse
Dial 999/101 Immediately from the nearest phone
Every Marshal should be carrying a mobile
After calling the Emergency services please contact one of the numbers below
as soon as possible stating situation and location
Franca Nigro 07977 556112 – Event Control/Newport
Kris Broome 07870 682828 -Talybont
Sally Morris 07808 803448 – Brecon/Merthyr
John Wheat 07407 403556 – Caerphilly
In the event of generally feeling unwell or if you are unable to continue, Please call one of the above numbers stating situation & location.
If you are near a marshal please notify them, Transport will then be arranged to collect you as soon as possible
For those already registered, here are the final details and instructions for the event:
- 56ml Final Letter 2018
- 28ml Final letter (Merthyr route) 2018
- Emergency Contact Details for Cyclists
- Taff Trail 2018 Rider Pack
Cycle with us from the heart of Brecon, through heritage landscapes on the Taff Trail on virtually traffic-free routes to Bassaleg School, Newport via Caerphilly.
• This is not a Race!! (No road closures in place)
• Bicycle Helmets must be worn at all times during the event.
• Terrain is varied, and suitable for both road & mountain bikes
• The ride will have a rolling start between 8.30am – 9.30am from Brecon High School for 56 mile route, or between
11.30 – 12.00pm from Merthyr for the 28 mile route.
• Transport must be booked at the time of registration, places are limited (Bassaleg to Brecon ONLY)
• Transport not available for the 28 mile route to Merthyr.
• Transport collection point for Brecon will be at Bassaleg Comp. School, Newport at 7.30am.
• The route will be marshalled and refreshments will be available along the way.
• The bike ride is suitable for anyone of moderate to good levels of fitness.
• Cut-off time – 4.00pm – if cyclists are struggling to finish by this time, they will be collected by our recovery vehicle.
• Entry Fee: £30.00 with transport, £20.00 without transport (non refundable).
• Sponsorship: Suggested sponsorship £60.00 per adult. We hope you will endeavor to raise as much as possible to support our work in the local community.
• Teams are encouraged to take part.
• Minimum Age for the event is 14, anyone under 16 must be accompanies by a parent or guardian.
• If an individual is under 16 years of age, a parent must also sign the disclaimer/entry form.
• For further information or assistance please feel free to get in touch with Fundraising team.
Registration is now closed however you can still come along and register on the day if you’d like to take part. Unfortunately, we can’t provide transport for those registering on the day so come straight to the starting points in Brecon or Merthyr to get signed up.
Alternatively, download and complete the registration leaflet here: Taff Trail 2018 Registration Form
Once you’re signed up, make sure you download a sponsorship form from the top of this page or create your own online fundraising page using the links below.
Stay in touch on social media. Join the conversation or share your photos on Facebook and Twitter and stay up-to-date on any event announcements:< Back to event list