South Wales Car Festival – CANCELLED
- Chepstow Racecourse, Cheptstow, Monmouthshire, NP16 6BE
- Event Type
- Car Show
For Tickets or more information, please contact:
South Wales Car Show Cancelled
“It is with sincere regret that we have taken the decision to cancel the South Wales Car Show, after assessing the difficulties of managing the social distancing restrictions. However, we hope to announce a date for 2021 very soon, watch this space!!”
The principal issues are :-
- Exhibitors and spectators would find it difficult to socially distance.
- Due to travel restrictions, exhibitors and spectators would find it difficult to attend the event.
- Parking areas, at all start and finish, become very crowded with crews, supporters and spectators.
- Our event stewards frequently have to work in close proximity with each other, and with attendees.
- Due to the layout of the site, it would be very difficult to control social distancing.
- We considered postponing the decision to cancel until nearer the event, but our assessment is that social distancing restrictions, and the subsequent ban on crowds gathering for events, will still be in place in September.
A delayed decision would be unfair on exhibitors and spectators, who would have spent time making travel arrangements, booking accommodation etc.
The cancellation of the South Wales Car Show represents a big hole in fundraising activities, and we deeply regret the loss of funds that would have been raised for St David’s Hospice Care. This is an unprecedented situation and we apologise for any inconvenience caused, however, we need your support more than ever to help fund the work of the hospice services provided free to all patients and families.
By supporting St David’s Hospice Care you are making a positive difference to patients and their families throughout Newport, Caerphilly, Monmouthshire, Torfaen and South & Mid Powys. Your donations help provide vital palliative care to people facing life-limiting illnesses as well as providing support to their families at a very difficult time. St David’s Hospice Care, with your help, aims to ensure that patients have the choice to receive care at home, surrounded by friends and family.
We’ll focus on making the 2021 bigger and better than ever, and will keep you informed of the dates but in the meantime please visit the website for further updates.
If you have any queries, please email us at: email@example.com (we will respond in due course). Calls to the office are being kept to a minimum, this will allow staff to deal with urgent calls from patients and their families.
On behalf of St David’s Hospice Care, we thank you in anticipation of your continued support throughout these very difficult times.
- Face book: http://www.facebook.com/southwalescarfestival
- Twitter: @SDFHC
- Instagram: @StDavids79
- Website link: http://www.southwalescarshow.co.uk/
The Fundraising Team< Back to event list