Moonlight Walk – NEW DATE
- Pen y Fan, Brecon Beacons
- Event Type
- Family friendly night time walk
For Tickets or more information, please contact:
Due to the Coronavirus pandemic and government restrictions on mass participation events, this event has been moved to Friday 2nd October 2020. All registrations will automatically roll over to the new date.
It’s a full moon on Friday October 2nd – what better place to watch it rise than from the top of Pen-y-Fan, the highest peak of the Brecon Beacons.
A wonderful opportunity to introduce the younger members of the family to the great outdoors at night time – with the Brecon Mountain Rescue team in attendance, adults and children can walk by night in the knowledge that their safety is paramount to this experienced team.
- The walk starts at Pont ar daf car park (Grid Ref 988199, Postcode LD3 8NL), on the A470 between Brecon & Merthyr Tydfil.
- The distance is 6km (3.7 miles) and takes roughly 2.5 hour on average.
- Registration from 5.00pm; free glow sticks for all participants
- Begin ascent of Pen y Fan between 6.00pm and 7.00pm.
- The walk includes the option of climbing to the summit of Corn Du on the ascending trip.
- Families welcome; under 16’s must be accompanied by a responsible adult, and parental consent must be given.
- “Moonlight Walk” certificate issued at the end of the walk.
- Entry fee £15 per person; £5 for under 16’s.
- Please note: Participants are also asked to give a further donation, or to gain sponsorship to support the vital work of St David’s Hospice Care in the community.
- Sponsorship forms and kit list available to download below.
- Moonlight Walk T shirts available to buy on the night.
Download a copy of the Brecon Mountain Rescue kit checklist here:
The route will be marked and manned by Brecon Mountain Rescue. Participants are requested to stay on the marked route for safety reasons. Brecon Mountain Rescue reserve the right to cancel the event if weather conditions are not suitable, and to refuse entry to participants who are not suitably equipped. A huge thank you to Brecon Mountain Rescue for their longstanding support for this event. A donation from this event will be given to Brecon Mountain Rescue.
The National Trust is responsible for maintaining all the mountain footpaths; a payment of £1 per person taking part in this event will be made to the National Trust https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/brecon-beacons
Creating an online fundraising page is straightforward and the easiest way to raise sponsorship as it’s paid straight to the charity. Share your page on social media to reach a wider audience.
< Back to event list