Moon Walk II
- Pen y Fan, Brecon Beacons
- Event Type
- Night time Mountain Walk
For Tickets or more information, please contact:
Due to popular demand, the Moon Walk is back! So here is another chance to climb Pen y Fan to see the sun setting, and the moon rising. Make sure you sign up soon!
- The walk starts at Pont ar daf car park (Grid Ref 988199, Postcode LD3 8NL), on the A470 between Brecon & Merthyr Tydfil
- The distance is 6km (3.7 miles) and takes roughly 2.5 hour on average.
- Registration from 6.30pm.
- Begin ascent of Pen y Fan between 7pm and 8pm.
- The walk includes the option of climbing to the summit of Corn Du on the ascending trip.
- Families welcome; under 16’s must be accompanied by a responsible adult, and parental consent must be given.
- “Moon Walk” certificate issued at the end of the walk. Refreshments available.
- Entry fee £15 per person; £5 for under 16’s. Please note: The entry fees for Moon Walk II will be shared between St David’s Hospice Care and Brecon Mountain Rescue.
- Participants are also asked to gain sponsorship to support the vital work of either St David’s Hospice Care or Brecon Mountain Rescue. (Or both!)
- Sponsorship forms and kit list available to download.
- Moon Walk T shirts available to buy on the night; watch this space for details of the new design!
The route will be marked and manned by Brecon Mountain Rescue. Participants are requested to stay on the marked route for safety reasons. Brecon Mountain Rescue reserve the right to cancel the event if weather conditions are not suitable, and to refuse entry to participants who are not suitably equipped.
Special offer! Have you seen our Night Run on September 7th? Enter both for the reduced price of £25 per adult. Call 01633 851051 for joint entry.
For more information on Brecon Mountain Rescue, or to download their sponsor form, go to www.breconmrt.co.uk
Download a copy of the Brecon Mountain Rescue kit checklist here: Moon Walk Kit (2018)
On the evening we will be joined by the Bagpiper in South Wales – John Campbell. This creates a wonderful atmosphere, so we are very lucky to have John with us again.
The National Trust is responsible for maintaining all the mountain footpaths; a payment of £1 per person taking part in this event will be made to the National Trust. https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/brecon-beacons
Thank you for supporting St David’s Hospice Care and Brecon Mountain Rescue.< Back to sponsorship forms