10,000 STEPS A DAY IN MAY CHALLENGE
- Event Type
- 10,000 STEPS A DAY CHALLENGE
For Tickets or more information, please contact:
How to take part
- Pledge to walk 10,000 steps a day for May
- Sign up for FREE and create your Just Giving page
- Step up and Step out for St David’s Hospice Care
- Raise funds for our patients and families
Why take part?
Take the 10,000 Steps in May Challenge
- You’re in control of your steps and just getting out of the house for a walk can do so much good. The benefits to your health are huge when you commit to 10,000 steps a day in May
- Walking can improve fitness
- Walking is a COVID-safe activity
- Walking is good for our mental health
- Walking can help lower blood pressure
How far is 10,000 steps
- Based on the average person’s stride, 10,000 steps is equal to 5 miles (or 8 km) or an hour and 40 minutes walking, depending on your stride length and walking speed.
- So by the end of the month you will have walked 150 miles – about the distance from Newport to Tenby.
What happens if I don’t hit my step goal?
- Don’t panic!
- You can pause your challenge, or make the steps up another day
- This is your challenge so we don’t need proof of your completed steps.
Top tips to complete steps a day
- In the time you have, go for a walk.
- Do an online fitness class at home
- Take the dog for an extra walk
- Do some gardening
- Get off the train or bus a stop early
- Explore your local area
- Always take the stairs
- Meet a friend for a walk and a chat
On sign up, you will receive…
- Your official 10K STEPS A DAY CHALLENGE T-Shirt in the post
- A3 – Progress chart in the post
- Exclusive access to a facebook community group
- Access to your own online giving page
- Ways to help you achieve your daily steps challenge
- Top fundraising tips
On completion of the 10,000 STEPS A DAY CHALLENGE, you will receive:
- If you complete your challenge and raise a minimum of £100, we look forward to sending you a snood and certificate
Once you’re registered, become a ‘top fundraiser’ by setting up an online Just Giving page here:
- Share your progress and keep your supporters updated
- Sign up to the Facebook Community Group at @10K Steps Challenge in May
- Please share your progress through your social media accounts or your Just Giving Page to keep your supporters up to date
Kindly Sponsored by Kymin
Get updates and join in the conversation
< Back to event list