Skydive for St David’s Hospice Care in Swansea
Why Swansea Skydive?
Skydive Swansea is the only drop zone in Wales, offering members of the public the opportunity to make a tandem parachute jump from 13,000 ft for charity. Watch this video to get an idea of what to expect!
So What Exactly is Involved?
This exciting challenge will involve 30 minutes of ground training followed by a tandem parachute jump attached to a qualified tandem instructor. At an altitude of up to 13,000 ft you will exit the aircraft and experience a thrilling 30-seconds of free fall followed by an exhilarating canopy ride after which you can fly the parachute yourself (under the guidance of your tandem instructor).
Sponsorship amount explained?
To undertake a tandem skydive, you will need to raise a minimum of £320. £220 of this is payable to Skydive Swansea (£40 as a non returnable deposit and £180 on the day). At least another £100 sponsorship (also payable on the day) from your tandem jump will go to St David’s Hospice Care.
Anything over the £320 total that you raise will go directly to St David’s.
Dates and Deposits?
Sign up as a group or an individual for any weekend convenient to you although as the year progresses bookings become more difficult.
You will need to pay a booking deposit of £40 per person with the balance of £180 minimum per person on the day of your jump.
Weight of Age restrictions?
Tandem Skydives are the perfect introduction to the sport, and are open to anyone over aged 16 and over.
Weight restrictions are:
- Ladies 13 stone maximum in relation to height,
- Men 15 stone maximum in relation to height.
How do you book?
To reserve your place, please follow the link below:
- In addition to your personal details, you will need to name your chosen charity, please search for St David’s Hospice Care
- Choose the date of the weekend when you would like to jump
- If your booking is for a group then you will need to state the total number of people who will be jumping on the day.
- You will then be sent the relevant information pack and sponsorship forms. You can also download the sponsorship form here to start your fundraising: Sky Dive Sponsorship Form
Telephone / E-mail:
- Swansea Skydive on: 01792 207035 – email@example.com
Tell us you are Jumping:
- St David’s on: Tel – 01633 851051 – firstname.lastname@example.org
- To add your event to our Community Event Page Listing – Click Here