The Acorn Dalmatian Bike Ride
- Caerleon, Newport
- Event Type
- Charity Bike Ride
For Tickets or more information, please contact:
Fundraising on 01633 851051 or email email@example.com
Help us to make 2017 the best year yet while supporting your local hospice.
So far, you have raised an impressive £131,000 in sponsorship since the bike ride started. The Acorn Dalmatian Bike Ride is an event where your entry fee only covers the cost of the ride, which is is why it’s so important to raise some sponsorship. The Acorn Dalmatian Bike Ride is a fantastic event where everyone gets together and does some FUN-draising, emphasis on the ‘FUN’. Let’s make 2017 our best year yet and support local hospice care!
The history of the Acorn Dalmatian Bike Ride
To find out more about the history of the event visit the official Acorn Dalmatian Bike Ride website here:
About the Acorn Dalmatian Bike Ride
- This is not a race! It’s a personal challenge, for fun
- 20 or 40 mile routes around Newport
- NEW for 2017, a 45 mile route along the Monmouthshire & Brecon Canal.
- Rolling start from Caerleon
- The routes take 2-7 hours (approx.) to complete
- Arrive back at The Priory, Caerleon for a fantastic finish festival & BBQ
- Marshals and St John’s cover provided
- Maps, directions and water stations will be provided on the routes
- Dalmatian themed fancy dress encouraged!
- Please help your hospice care service to continue by raising a minimum of £50 in sponsorship.
Rules & Regulations:
- Riders take full responsibility for themselves for the duration of the event
- A helmet must be worn at all times
- Riders are expected to abide by the highway code
- The minimum age to take part is 16 on the day of the event with the exception of the 20 mile route where the minimum age is 12 on the day of the event
- All participants under 16 must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
A Few Points From the Canal Trust:
- All participants are reminded that racing is not permitted
- It is strongly advised that all riders dismount at bridges and locks
- The Canal Trusts “Share the Space Campaign” is to be adhered to at all times
- Pedestrians have priority
- Participants must remain in single file for the duration of the ride along the canal
Jersey Size Guide (Click to Enlarge):
T-Shirts: XS – 35″, S – 38″, M – 40″, L – 43″, XL – 45″, 2XL – 48″, 3XL – 50″
- £35 per person including a unique cycling jersey
- £20 per person including an event ‘tech’ t-shirt
- £25 per person for the Canal Route including tech t-shirt
- £40 per person for the Canal Route including unique cycling jersey.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to high demand, the 45 mile canal route can only be booked by calling 01633 851051 as spaces are limited.
Alternatively, download a copy of the registration form then fill it out and send it in with your entry fee:
You can also sign up by telephone: 01633 851051.
If you want to get friends and family to contribute to the overall total raised, share this text on your social media:
Text DALM01 £5 to 70070 to donate to St David’s Hospice Care and make a difference today.
Don’t forget to share your adventure using
This event is supported by:< Back to event list