Taff Trail Bike Ride
- 50 Miles - Brecon to Cardiff (or 25 Miles - Merthyr to Cardiff)
- Event Type
- Charity Bike Ride
For Tickets or more information, please contact:
Fundraising on 01633 851051 or email: email@example.com
Meeting at Brecon High School in the market town of Brecon, we will be cycling 50 miles (or 25 miles if you decide to join the route at Merthyr) through the open moorland of the Brecon Beacons and a wide variety of urban and suburban landscapes passing close to Merthyr Tydfil and Pontypridd and then finishing at Bute Park/Sophia Gardens in Cardiff. Make sure you take in the scenery as this is not a race but a personal challenge so can be taken at your own pace. It’ll be tough but enjoyable with plenty of support and laughs along the way.
Click to enlarge this picture of the route:
Click to enlarge the hill profile of the route:
If you would like a GPX file of the route for your GPS system then please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The ride will have a rolling start from 8.30am to 9.30am prompt.
- Transport places must be booked at time of registration and are limited (Cardiff to Brecon only) so please book early!
- Please note: transport will not be available for the 25 mile route starting at Merthyr.
- T-Shirts are available to purchase but if you raise at least £100 in sponsorship before the event you will be given a free t-shirt (please bring sponsorship money or proof of online total to registration).
- Teams of cyclists are encouraged.
- The route will be marshalled and there will be water stations and WCs en-route for your comfort and convenience.
- The collection point for transport to Brecon will be at Sophia Gardens in Cardiff at 7.30am prompt.
- The bike ride is for both men and women, for moderate to experienced levels of fitness.
- We ask that each participant raises a minimum of £50.00 in sponsorship to help the continued work of St David’s Hospice Care.
Once you’ve registered, please feel free to download a copy of the registration letter here:
Follow us on Facebook to keep up to date with all our events or following us on:< Back to sponsorship forms