- Event Type
- Charity Cycling
For Tickets or more information, please contact:
Once again we will be spreading the Christmas cheer all throughout Newport and we welcome you to the join us on…
The Santa Express Fancy Dress Charity Cycle Ride
(or the ‘Santa Ride‘ for short)
This is a joyful charity ride that takes you on a scenic circular route through Newport to bring festive joy to the people of the city. Christmas themed fancy dress such as Santa suits or elf suits are a must and we encourage you to bling your bikes in tinsel & lights! There is no such thing as too ‘Christmassy’.
- £10 Entry (100% of this is donated to St David’s Hospice Care)
- Route distance is between 20-25 miles
- Circular route starting and finishing at Newport International Sports Village
- Start time: 9.00am
There will be a couple of stops on the route. The first one will be Newport Junior Park Run which takes place at Tredegar House where we will say hello to the children and create a guard of honour on our bikes for the start of the run at 10.00am.
From Tredegar House we will continue on a scenic route of Newport before stopping for a break at our Day Hospice at St David’s Hospice Care where we will enjoy hot drinks and mince pies!
Once you’ve refueled and suitably jolly we will make our return journey to the NISV.
- Arrive from 8am for tea/coffee and snacks
- Leaving NISV (Newport International Sports Village) Stadium Car Park we will head for Tredegar House
- At Tredegar House, we will provide a ‘Guard of Honour’ for Jnr Park Run
- From here, we will head towards the City Centre to have the annual photograph by the Friars Walk Christmas Tree
- From the City Centre we will travel to Caerleon
- Making our way to the Hospice for another photograph. Here you will be served Hot Chocolate, Mince Pies and possibly a small glass of Sherry* (Age restrictions apply)
- From the Hospice we will head back to the City Centre, passing the Riverfront and back to NISV
As we mentioned, 100% of your entry fee is donated to the continued work of St David’s Hospice Care. However, if you feel you’d like to pedal the extra mile for hospice care we would really appreciate it if you could raise some sponsorship. Every single penny counts.
You can download a sponsorship form at the top of this page or set up your very own online fundraising page by following one of these links:
This event is supported by Newport Social Cycling:< Back to sponsorship forms