Pen y Fan Charity Fundraising Walk
- Pont ar Daf Car Park (Grid Ref 988199, Postcode LD3 8NL), A470
- Event Type
- Sponsored Walk/Trek
For Tickets or more information, please contact:
Fundraising on 01633 851051 or email email@example.com
Climb to the highest peak in South Wales to raise sponsorship for St David’s Hospice Care.
Situated in the Brecon Beacons National Park, at 886 metres (2,907 ft) above sea-level, it is the highest British peak south of Cadair Idris in Snowdonia. With a fully marshalled route from the Pont ar Daf car park (Grid Ref: SN988199) this is the perfect challenge for those looking to conquer the peak while raising sponsorship for a great cause.
- The walk starts at Pont ar daf car park (Grid Ref 988199, Postcode LD3 8NL), on the A470 between Brecon & Merthyr Tydfil.
- The route distance is 6km (3.7 miles) and takes roughly 2.5 hours on average.
- Registration from 2.00pm until 4.00pm (cut-off time for walkers)
- Begin the ascent as soon as you have checked in.
- Marshalls will be posted along the designated route to guide you.
- Families welcome! However we ask that under 16’s are accompanied by a responsible adult, and parental consent must be given.
- Entry is a £10 donation per person. Participants are also asked to try and raise sponsorship to support the vital work of St David’s Hospice Care in the community.
- Walkers will be issued with an event certificate on completion.
- Sponsorship forms available to download at the top of this page.
Make sure you download and read our ‘guidance for walkers’ sheet provided by Brecon Mountain Rescue:
The event is open to all ages however under 16s must be accompanied by a responsible adult at all times. Click ‘enter on-line’ to book your required number of places. The number of registration packs required will then be sent in the post to the person booking the places. These must then be handed to each member of the group to be completed and brought with them on the day of the event.< Back to event list