Nightride – Newport to Rest Bay
- Newport to Rest Bay
- Event Type
For Tickets or more information, please contact:
firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01633 851051
NEW DATE: 13th October 2017
Join us on a choice of two routes as we cycle 61 or 71 miles from Newport to Rest Bay in Porthcawl to enjoy the sunrise over the bay before heading home.
- Date: Friday 13th October 2017
- Start: Newport International Sports Village
- Finish: Rest Bay in Porthcawl
- Short Route Registration: 10.30pm
- Short Route Start Time: 11.30pm
- Long Route Registration: 9.30pm
- Long Route Start Time: 10.30pm
- This event is not a race, simply a personal challenge. Timings will not be provided for this event.
- The event is not a closed road event so cyclists must be aware of pedestrians and traffic and abide by the highway code.
- There will be marshalls, water and feed stations located along the route.
- Parking and drop-off location: Newport Stadium, Newport International Sport Village.
- Return transport from Rest Bay to Newport is available but must be pre-booked.
- Routes available as PDF and GPX files.
- The minimum age to participate is 16 years on the day of the event.
Rules and Regulations:
- Riders take full responsibility for themselves for the duration of this event.
- Riders are expected to abide by the Highway Code and wear a helmet at all times.
- Road bikes, mountain bikes, hybrids and tandems are all permitted for use on the ride.
- Entry fee of £25 per rider/£35 with transport from Rest Bay (non refundable). Buses will leave Rest Bay at 7am to take you back to the start at Newport International Sports Village.
- Each rider will receive a hi-viz waistcoat and branded neckwarmer.
- All participants under the age of 18 must submit a consent form completed and signed by a parent/guardian.
- We would very much appreciate that you aim to raise £50 per person to help us fund our free hospice services – however any sponsorship will be welcomed.
Alternatively, download and complete the registration form before sending it in to us with your payment to St David’s Hospice Care, Blackett Avenue, Newport, NP20 6NH
Short Route Map:
Short Route Profile:
Long Route Map:
Long Route Profile:
Don’t miss out. Get signed up and be a part of this great challenge, have fun and support the work of St David’s Hospice Care.
Once you’ve registered download the sponsorship form at the top of this page and start your fundraising or set up an online fundraising page by following one of these links:
Don’t miss out on news, updates and announcements by following and liking us on Facebook and Twitter:< Back to sponsorship forms