Moon Walk II
- Pen y Fan, Brecon Beacons
- Event Type
- Night Walk
For Tickets or more information, please contact:
Due to popular demand, the Moon Walk is back! So here is another chance to climb Pen y Fan to see the sun setting, and the moon rising. Make sure you sign up soon!
ONLINE ENTRY NOW CLOSED
ENTRY ON THE NIGHT, PLEASE ARRIVE TO REGISTER AT 7pm
- The walk starts at Pont ar daf car park (Grid Ref 988199, Postcode LD3 8NL), on the A470 between Brecon & Merthyr Tydfil
- The distance is 6km (3.7 miles) and takes roughly 2.5 hour on average.
- Registration from 7.00pm.
- Begin ascent of Pen y Fan between 7.30pm and 8.30pm.
- The walk includes the option of climbing to the summit of Corn Du on the ascending trip.
- Families welcome; under 16’s must be accompanied by a responsible adult, and parental consent must be given.
- “Moon Walk” certificate issued at the end of the walk. Refreshments available.
- Entry fee £15 per person; free for under 12’s. Please note: The entry fees for Moon Walk II will be shared equally between St David’s Hospice Care and Brecon Mountain Rescue.
- Participants are also asked to gain sponsorship to support the vital work of either St David’s Hospice Care or Brecon Mountain Rescue. (Or both!)
- Sponsorship forms and kit list available to download.
- Moon Walk T shirts available to buy on the night.
The route will be marked and manned by Brecon Mountain Rescue. Participants are requested to stay on the marked route for safety reasons. Brecon Mountain Rescue reserve the right to cancel the event if weather conditions are not suitable, and to refuse entry to participants who are not suitably equipped.
For more information on Brecon Mountain Rescue, or to download their sponsor form, go to www.breconmrt.co.uk
Download a copy of the Brecon Mountain Rescue kit checklist here: BMRT Guidance for Walkers 2017
On the evening we will be joined by the Bagpiper in South Wales – John Campbell. This creates a wonderful atmosphere, so we are very lucky to have John with us again.
Thank you too to the National Trust which is responsible for maintaining all the mountain footpaths. https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/brecon-beacons
Pleased that the Moon Walk is back? Or want to support friends or family who are taking part?
Text ‘MOON33 £1’ to 70070 to donate to St Davids Hospice Care and make a difference today.
Once again the official ‘Moon Walk’ event t-shirts will be available to purchase on the night for only £9.< Back to event list