- Pen y Fan, Brecon Beacons
- Event Type
- Night time mountain walk
For Tickets or more information, please contact:
Another chance to climb Pen y Fan to see the sun setting, and the moon rising. Join us for what has proven to be an extremely popular event.
- The walk starts at Pont ar daf car park (Grid Ref 988199, Postcode LD3 8NL), on the A470 between Brecon & Merthyr Tydfil
- The distance is 6km (3.7 miles) and takes roughly 2.5 hour on average.
- Registration from 7.30pm.
- Begin ascent of Pen y Fan between 8pm and 9pm.
- The walk includes the option of climbing to the summit of Corn Du on the ascending trip.
- Families welcome; under 16’s must be accompanied by a responsible adult, and parental consent must be given.
- “Moon Walk” certificate issued at the end of the walk. Refreshments available.
- Entry fee £15 per person; free for under 12’s. Participants are also asked to give a further donation, or to gain sponsorship to support the vital work of St David’s Hospice Care in the community.
- Sponsorship forms and kit list available to download below.
- Moon Walk T shirts available to buy on the night.
On the evening we will be joined by the Bagpiper in South Wales – John Campbell. This creates a wonderful atmosphere, so we are very lucky to have John with us again. www.johncampbellbagpiper.webs.com
Download a copy of the Brecon Mountain Rescue kit checklist here:
The route will be marked and manned by Brecon Mountain Rescue. Participants are requested to stay on the marked route for safety reasons. Brecon Mountain Rescue reserve the right to cancel the event if weather conditions are not suitable, and to refuse entry to participants who are not suitably equipped. A huge thank you to Brecon Mountain Rescue for their support for this event.
Thank you too to the National Trust which is responsible for maintaining all the mountain footpaths. https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/brecon-beacons
If you can’t make it to the event or you want to support friends and family who are taking part, why not text a donation to support the work of St David’s Hospice Care?
Text ‘MOON33 £1’ to 70070 to donate to St Davids Hospice Care and make a difference today.
Once again the official ‘Moon Walk’ event t-shirts will be available to purchase on the night for only £9.< Back to event list