Autumn Canal Ramble – Monmouthshire & Brecon Canal
- Goytre Wharf, Mon & Brec Canal NP7 9EW
- Event Type
- Canal Walk
For Tickets or more information, please contact:
email@example.com or call 01633 851051
Our 2017 Autumn Canal Ramble follows the Monmouthshire & Brecon Canal, Llangynidr to Goytre Wharf. The route takes you along some beautiful and tranquil stretches of canal, as well as over the Clydach Gorge on the 90ft high embankment where construction of the canal was first started in 1797. An ideal opportunity to walk in memory of a loved one and to raise funds for our work in the community.
- 17 Mile Route: recommended for moderate to experienced walkers.
- Shorter routes are available: Gilwern (8.5 Miles) and Llanfoist Wharf (5.5 Miles).
- Transport is available to all starting points from Goytre Wharf.
- The walk is for men, women and children of all levels of fitness and can be taken at your own pace.
- Children under 14 years old must be accompanied by an adult and anyone under the age of 16 must have a registration form signed by a parent or guardian.
- Dogs are welcome as long as they are kept on a lead.
Route Start Times
- Llangynidr (17 Miles): Between 8.30am-9.00am in Llangynidr
- Gilwern (8.5 miles): 10.30am from Gilwern
- Llanfoist (5.5 Miles): 11.30am from Llanfoist
The collection point for transport to the beginning of all routes will be at Goytre Wharf, leaving at the following times:
- Llangynidr – 8.00am
- Gilwern – 10.00am
- Llanfoist – 11.00am
All routes will be marshalled and refreshments will be available along the way.
There is limited parking at Goytre Wharf (NP7 9EW) but we are working to secure additional parking (Location TBC).
Finish Location & Time
We kindly request that all participants report back at Goytre Wharf by 4.00pm.
The entry fee is £15.00 per person or £25.00 per person including transport to the beginning of your chosen route (non-refundable). For under 16’s the registration fee is £5.00 or £10.00 with transport. We hope that you will endeavour to raise as much sponsorship as possible to support our work in the community.
Alternatively, download and complete a copy of the registration form: Autumn Canal Ramble 2017 Registration Form
Raise sponsorship for St David’s Hospice Care by downloading the sponsorship form at the top of this page or create an online fundraising page:
This event is sponsored by:< Back to sponsorship forms